Nominations close Thursday, Sept. 1 for the $ 575,000 Laurel Turf Festival that helps to kick off Laurel Park’s $ 3.25 million fall racing schedule.
The Turf Festival, to be run Saturday, Sept. 10, will feature five of Laurel’s 32 fall stakes races. The fall schedule includes five Super Saturdays with four or more stakes races including Commonwealth Day Saturday, Sept. 24 featuring three graded races – the $ 200,000 Commonwealth Derby (G2), $ 200,000 Commonwealth Turf Cup (G2) and $ 150,000 Commonwealth Oaks (G3).
The Laurel Turf Festival will include:
· The $ 150,000 Lady Baltimore for fillies and mares on the turf at 1 1/16 mile
· The $ 100,000 Laurel Turf Cup for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at 1 1/2 mile
· The $ 100,000 Laurel Dash for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at six furlongs
· The $ 75,000 Laurel Futurity for 2-year-olds on the turf at 5 1/2 furlongs
· The $ 75,000 Selima for 2-year-old fillies on the turf at 5 1/2 furlongs
· The $ 75,000 Shine Again for fillies and mares at seven furlongs (non-winners of a sweepstakes)
Nominations can be made by calling Laurel Park at 800.638.1859 or Timonium at 410.561.5641,42,43,44.
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2016 Paulick Report.