The Todd Pletcher trainee Thrilled has been installed as the morning-line 5-2 favorite for Thursday’s Grade 3, $ 200,000 Iowa Oaks. With a post time of 10:21 PM Eastern time, the race will feature a field of 11 sophomore fillies over a distance of 1 1/16 miles on Prairie Meadows’ main track.
Most recently, Thrilled ran third in Woodbine’s G3 Selene Stakes behind Queen’s Plate contender Gamble’s Ghost. One race before that, Thrilled out-dueled fellow Iowa Oaks entrant Family Tree to win the $ 400,000 Plum Pretty Stakes at Sunland Park, a stand-in for that track’s Sunland Oaks this spring as a result of an EHV-1 outbreak. With three graded stakes placings to her credit, Thrilled may have found the right spot to earn her first black-type victory. Martin Garcia has the mount.
Though Family Tree finished second to Thrilled in the Plum Pretty, she came back to win an allowance at Churchill Downs by 3 3/4 lengths in her next start. Most recently, she finished second in another allowance at Churchill, with not enough left over after setting the pace to hold off Ready to Confess, also entered in the Iowa Oaks, in the lane. She is listed at 4-1 for Wayne Catalano and regular rider Florent Geroux in Thursday’s feature.
The full field for the Iowa Oaks, from the rail out, is as follows:
- For All The Grands (20-1, Scott Young, Belen Quinonez)
- Thrilled (5-2, Todd Pletcher, Martin Garcia)
- Kiss N Scat (6-1, Jerry Hollendorfer, Terry Thompson)
- Marquee Miss (10-1, Ingrid Mason, Channing Hill)
- Bonita Cat (12-1, Michael Campbell, Alex Birzer)
- Ready to Confess (12-1, Donnie Von Hemel, Joe Rocco Jr.)
- Alotta Skirt (10-1, Eddie Kenneally, Corey Lanerie)
- Just Wicked (15-1, Steve Asmussen, Ken Tohill)
- Emmzy (8-1, Bob Baffert, Rafael Bejarano)
- Put Da Blame On Me (12-1, Mike Tomlinson, Ramon Vazquez)
- Family Tree (4-1, Wayne Catalano, Florent Geroux)
New to the Paulick Report? Click here to sign up for our daily email newsletter to keep up on this and other stories happening in the Thoroughbred industry.
Copyright © 2016 Paulick Report.