Silviniaco Conti and Zarkandar set to stay with Nicholls

SILVINIACO CONTI and Paul Nicholls

Silviniaco Conti: had been in line to go to the sales along with Zarkandar

  PICTURE: John Grossick (racingpost.com/photos)  

 By Keith Melrose 6:40pM 9 JUL 2016 

SILVINIACO CONTI and Zarkandar, two of the stalwarts of the Paul Nicholls yard, will remain with the champion trainer and not go to the sales as had looked likely.

Nicholls’ assistant trainer Harry Derham broke the news on Twitter on Saturday, when saying: “Thrilled to announce that Silvinaco Conti & Zarkandar will stay @PFNicholls and not go to the sales. Brilliant news for team Ditcheat.”

He later told the Racing Post: “Paul finalised the arrangements today and he asked me to get the news out to let everyone know.

“Everyone at the yard is thrilled with the news. They’ve been a couple of flag-bearers really, they’ve won 11 Grade 1s between them, so it’s great to be able to keep them here.”

The prospect of selling the two stars had emerged earlier in the week, with joint-owner Jared Sullivan said to be cutting his ties with jump racing.

Silviniaco Conti has won seven Grade 1s since joining Nicholls in 2010, including February’s Ascot Chase by 20 lengths and two runnings of the King George VI Chase. He was last seen pulling up in the Grand National at Aintree.

Zarkandar was a dual Grade 1 winner as a juvenile and has since won the Aintree Hurdle in 2013 and Grand Prix d’Automne at Auteuil the following year. He missed last season due to injury but is back in training.

 
Horse Racing News | Racing Post

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close